Lyrical is ringing in the new year with a contest! Beginning January 15, Lyrical is accepting submissions (synopsis and full manuscript – following usual submissions criteria found on the website). The editorial department will review the entrants and choose the winners. Entries accepted until February 5 and winners announced around March 12.Isn't it cool that they'll consider all heat levels? Hurry, though, the deadline is fast approaching. Submission guidelines are here.
There is no entry fee. It does mean that Lyrical can choose not to read/judge an entry based on whether it fits Lyrical’s lines and level of writing.
- 1st prize—a contract and $200 advance (100 payable on contract and 100 payable upon publication)
- 2nd prize—contract and $100 advance (50 payable on contract and 50 upon publication)
- 3rd prize – likely multiple – critiques of partial manuscript and synopsis by Lyrical editors.
- Categories: Contemporary Romance; Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Romance, Historical Romance, Steampunk with Romantic Elements and Erotica (all genres). They are looking for all heat levels and romance with the exception of Steampunk (romantic elements) and Erotica.
- Deadline: January 15 - March 12 2012
- Send all submissions to: email@example.com
Lyrical Press released Manda Benson's MOONSTEED and Ophidia Cox's THE CYBERKINK SIDESHOW, both of which I enjoyed. It's also the home of Pippa Jay's forthcoming science fiction romance, KEIR, which I'm looking forward to reading.
Another home for your sci-fi romance could be Dragonfairy Press. Via Erotic Romance Publishers, I learned that Dragonfairy is seeking "...manuscripts that stretch beyond the world as we know it. That means fantasy and science fiction, including their various subgenres (e.g., urban fantasy, paranormal romance/erotica, cyberpunk, supernatural horror)." Submission guidelines are here.